Sunday, May 23, 2010

Roti Prata @ Jalan Kayu

I visit Thesavi @ Jalan Kayu about once every 1 - 2 months. I run an errand around Compass Point, so I always end up having lunch there on those days, since there isn't anything of note to eat at Compass Point itself.

My usual here is egg & onion roti prata, because I like my prata fresh and if you order plain or egg, there is always the off chance of them bringing one that was pre-prepared.

The fried chicken there is also pretty darn good. Go for the thigh/ drumstick. The chicken breast is a little dry for my liking. This one is pre-cooked, but they deep fry it again to re-heat. Crispy on the outside, and tender on the inside.

My partner likes the tissue / paper prata here. It may not be immediately obvious, but these two are two quite different. The tissue prata comes served like a cone and is very crispy and thin. The paper prata is served in a cylinder / rolled up. This one is a little thicker, but less crispy. I guess the big difference is in the price - the tissue prata is about twice as expensive.

All in all, probably adequate for a stop-over on the way somewhere, but not quite a place that I would specially visit for a roti prata fix.

Thesavi Food
237-239 Jalan Kayu
Singapore 799461

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers